Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Former Chubbs Members
#1
You all know Josh owns the thing for the servers. Last night there were questions about 2008 to recent.

No one wants to lose the ability to look back on their creations. obviously. I told you ask Josh, or ask Mario.

Someone mentioned Servers were going soon.

I took 10 minutes to ask Mario. And here's your answer.

Mario was Kaaden and Raditzu.

Josh.... I cant remember... Alex would know. He was a few characters... Involved Trunks and whatever


BUT, THE SERVERS ARE PAID FOR TILL JUNE..



If you want to do a shit ton of copy/pasting and all that ... have fun. Josh has a lot of code work involved and is not going to give it up. That work is his own. He is thinking of wiping boards then. If he does oh well. You had time to back it all up.

You have a few months. I'll see about things in May.

ANy other questions?
[Image: hchh.png]

I refuse to lose this battle,
Let whatever come my way.
I am stronger then my rival,
No, I will not fall today...
#2
I don't think anyone was claiming that the servers were going down soon, just that we didn't know when they would go down and thus we were concerned that the material on the site would be lost forever as a result. Nevertheless, I appreciate that you asked.

Since you're offering, I'd like you to ask Rad/Kaiden two more questions (though, before that, please tell him we said hi and thank you):

1. Is there a way the forum could be archived, much like how the original forum was? I don't think anyone needs or even wants Josh's code, we're just concerned about preserving the written content of the forum itself and, frankly, it would be a big help if this didn't have to be done manually.

2. Alternatively, would it be possible for us to donate money in order to keep the site up? Or is the decision to wipe the boards final?

Thanks for your help, Ret, it's appreciated.
[Image: LsiSHXa.png]
"To confront a person with his shadow is to show him his own light. "
- Carl Gustav Jung

Ezrihel Wrote:I'm so glad DL linked it
#3
Thanks, Ret. I've always put off saving all my old stuff, it's why I save everything I write on the Omniverse before I even post it now. I should get all of Rose's posts before they vanish forever.
Curious about me and the characters I play? See the 'Staff' page! See also the rosters for my characters Samus Aran or Enel if you'd like to see examples of well-formatted rosters. Hope you enjoy the Omniverse!
#4
You ever want anything from your Buu era, you should let me know. I already have him fully compiled in my CU compilation/wiki.

I haven't gotten to Rose yet (need to finish all the 05-08 characters before I do the 09-12 generation.

I'm the opposite... I need to backup my finished Proto Man threads <_<
[Image: Shang.jpg]
#5
1. Short answer is no. There are reasons for it, but require more typing than I'm willing to do at this exact moment.

2. Josh hasn't actually decided what he's going to do with the site. If he doesn't want to pay for it anymore, then he'll probably be willing to let someone else take over the financial duties. If he does want to do something with the domain, then I doubt he'll be taking donations.
[Image: hchh.png]

I refuse to lose this battle,
Let whatever come my way.
I am stronger then my rival,
No, I will not fall today...
#6
So we pretty much have no choice but to wait and see what Josh decides to do. I guess all we can hope for is that he'll at least let us know when he makes his decision.

Oh well, at least we know what the current situation is. My gratitudes to both you and Rad.
[Image: LsiSHXa.png]
"To confront a person with his shadow is to show him his own light. "
- Carl Gustav Jung

Ezrihel Wrote:I'm so glad DL linked it
#7
Back up your stuff
[Image: hchh.png]

I refuse to lose this battle,
Let whatever come my way.
I am stronger then my rival,
No, I will not fall today...
#8
Shang Tsung Wrote:You ever want anything from your Buu era, you should let me know. I already have him fully compiled in my CU compilation/wiki.

I haven't gotten to Rose yet (need to finish all the 05-08 characters before I do the 09-12 generation.

I'm the opposite... I need to backup my finished Proto Man threads <_<

I don't want to ask more work if you, but yeah, I'd take anything you've got of Super Buu. I know it's around I think on Laura's backup site? But I'm super lazy when it comes to the prospect of a massive job like that.
Curious about me and the characters I play? See the 'Staff' page! See also the rosters for my characters Samus Aran or Enel if you'd like to see examples of well-formatted rosters. Hope you enjoy the Omniverse!
#9
Retane Wrote:Back up your stuff

That's not really the point. We can back up our own stuff just fine and I'm glad that we have time to do that. But ideally, we would want to preserve all of it and that's a bit more difficult and time-consuming to do manually.
[Image: LsiSHXa.png]
"To confront a person with his shadow is to show him his own light. "
- Carl Gustav Jung

Ezrihel Wrote:I'm so glad DL linked it
#10
Im pretty sure my DA stuff is long gone.

And I know for a fact my Gokua stuff is gone.

Thus, I dont really care. I have a vivid long-term memory, so I still remember the gist of my work
[float=right]

Dante's Abyss Placings
2015 - 4th
2016 - 2nd
2017 - 4th


PVP Combat Record
(One-on-One)
3W - 0L - 0D
(TAG-TEAM)
1W - 1L - 0D
[/float]
[Image: Deadpool_Funny.png]
#11
NO its all still in places..
[Image: hchh.png]

I refuse to lose this battle,
Let whatever come my way.
I am stronger then my rival,
No, I will not fall today...
#12
Omni Wrote:
Shang Tsung Wrote:You ever want anything from your Buu era, you should let me know. I already have him fully compiled in my CU compilation/wiki.

I haven't gotten to Rose yet (need to finish all the 05-08 characters before I do the 09-12 generation.

I'm the opposite... I need to backup my finished Proto Man threads <_<

I don't want to ask more work if you, but yeah, I'd take anything you've got of Super Buu. I know it's around I think on Laura's backup site? But I'm super lazy when it comes to the prospect of a massive job like that.

I have everything. I finished adding Super Buu to my CU project a few months back, so all your stuff is there. Let me just figure out how to export files from the program I use, and I'll try to get everything into a .zip for you.
[Image: proto.jpg][Image: DAHost.png]
Dante's Abyss 2015
Host
#13
I don't think I'm hung up on losing my stuff. What am I gonna do with it, anyway? idk, not really terribly attached. Maybe because I already feel that I've lost it all with the death of the site.
[Image: Magus.jpg]
#14
Proto Man Wrote:
Omni Wrote:
Shang Tsung Wrote:You ever want anything from your Buu era, you should let me know. I already have him fully compiled in my CU compilation/wiki.

I haven't gotten to Rose yet (need to finish all the 05-08 characters before I do the 09-12 generation.

I'm the opposite... I need to backup my finished Proto Man threads <_<

I don't want to ask more work if you, but yeah, I'd take anything you've got of Super Buu. I know it's around I think on Laura's backup site? But I'm super lazy when it comes to the prospect of a massive job like that.

I have everything. I finished adding Super Buu to my CU project a few months back, so all your stuff is there. Let me just figure out how to export files from the program I use, and I'll try to get everything into a .zip for you.
You're a legend, dude. frogc00l
Curious about me and the characters I play? See the 'Staff' page! See also the rosters for my characters Samus Aran or Enel if you'd like to see examples of well-formatted rosters. Hope you enjoy the Omniverse!
#15
Magus Wrote:I don't think I'm hung up on losing my stuff. What am I gonna do with it, anyway? idk, not really terribly attached. Maybe because I already feel that I've lost it all with the death of the site.

I feel the same exact way!
[Image: c1f25896-85f6-41b6-b294-c33e5d5737f8_zpsol2jguot.jpg]
#16
Not a true writer then
[Image: hchh.png]

I refuse to lose this battle,
Let whatever come my way.
I am stronger then my rival,
No, I will not fall today...
#17
Retane Wrote:Not a true writer then

An absurd statement. Not even going to get into it.
[Image: c1f25896-85f6-41b6-b294-c33e5d5737f8_zpsol2jguot.jpg]
#18
Blackfire Wrote:
Retane Wrote:Not a true writer then

An absurd statement. Not even going to get into it.

Agreed. That's highly offensive. I am very critical of my work and I try very hard to be true to myself when I write. In short, go fuck yourself.
[Image: Magus.jpg]
#19
Guys, come on, don't ruin this thread with comments like that. :-(
[Image: LsiSHXa.png]
"To confront a person with his shadow is to show him his own light. "
- Carl Gustav Jung

Ezrihel Wrote:I'm so glad DL linked it
#20
I'm locking this topic as it has served its purpose. Retane consider this a warning.

Edit: Omni wants it unlocked but still leaving my post here.
[Image: SarahKerrigan_sig199_zpswcfeq7fe.png]


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)