The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1636 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.3.35 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1636 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 912 buildtree




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
A Change of Scenery
#2
Eventually, his attention turns away from his surroundings and he starts to think about recent events. Still trudging around in a wide circle, he begins quietly thinking out loud.
"The fellow from earlier said that I was 'interesting.' I can't imagine how... Maybe he knows something I don't? Ha, but that'd be silly, how would he know something about me that I don't? I've spent more time with me than anyone else has, I'd say I know myself through and through. I suppose it could just be that I'm more interesting than I think. Being bored is, after all, hardly the same as being boring."
He thought back to the other information he was given.
"There was also the... Omnilium, I think it was? He made it sound rather important, I suppose I should try it out."
He slowed to a stop, and started to concentrate. Nothing happened. Even after several minutes, nothing was happening. Suddenly, the Serial Martyr started to chuckle quietly to himself. "It would help, I'd think," he said between breaths, "if I knew what I was trying to make, wouldn't it? Let's start over."
He thought about what sorts of things he might desire. It was surprisingly difficult. When you've spent your entire existence nailed to a floor, you get used to it. He finally settled on something to make.
He began concentrating again, and a colorful orb appeared and expanded to surround him. A few minutes later, it faded, and revealed that many of the holes and tears in his clothing had been repaired.
"Oh, that's certainly very neat," he muttered, "I'll have to remember that."
He looked around at his surroundings again. Most of his attention before had been focused on the Fountain, and on other beings in the area, and he had failed to realize that the Nexus was as barren as his original home.
"This surely isn't all of it... if it is, that Omni fellow certainly has some strange tastes," he thought aloud. "I suppose I should go find something, then."
He turned to face away from the Fountain, and began walking.


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)