12-29-2014, 11:54 PM
Quote:OK... Since posting speed belly-flopped, I'm gonna do a thing. If anyone else wants to follow suit, that would be fantastic~
Also, since Mami talking to herself would be weird and not exactly in-character, thoughts take the place of speaking, if that's all right.
Mami didn't feel like she was getting anywhere (But she still trekked onward with confidence). Then again, what could she scale things by? Here she was like a simple drawing on a blank canvas - She couldn't scale anything, aside from maybe by the group behind her, that still seemed content to talk amongst themselves. They only appeared to be little coloured dots on the nonexistent horizon at this point, while the Fountain continued spouting what she assumed was water behind them. While she appeared to be quite far along her way, she didn't feel one bit like she had made progress... Maybe that was the nature of this place? Perhaps it wore down travelers trapped inside by keeping a glimmer of hope dangling in the distance, never moving an inch closer, until they took their last, exhausted breath...
That was depressing. At that, she pushed the thought aside but not out of her mind. It might be useful later.
Mami broke from a jog into a run, hoping she could get to the opening just a little faster if she put in more effort. Fire raced through her lungs, as she had been moving for longer than she was usually comfortable with - Which was a lot, as she was used to traveling a lot for hunting Witches. Though this seemed like a lot more. While hunting Witches usually involved a lot of vertical climbing, like reaching for the rooftops and going underground or into sewers on rare, unpleasant occasions, this was just straight, horizontal travel. Excruciating, boring horizontal travel. Like cross-country, but worse. There wasn't even anyone to try and talk to, or even to look at, aside from the ever-distant group from before. And trying to talk to them for any period of time would probably make her lose her voice.
Perhaps this wasn't all that bad. Being on her own was something she was used to as a Magical Girl - Most had territorial and moral disputes regularly, and this was no exception (Aside from her being the only Magical Girl here). She didn't work well with others, either. I'd probably be a little more comfortable here if I had a few answers... But I don't see answers coming any time soon.
Suddenly Mami felt a sharp pain in her temples, like she had been shot through the head. Omni's voice echoed through her mind - Everything he said felt familiar, like a memory... But she didn't recall ever hearing any of it. As she felt the possible memories pulse through her head, she tried to piece things together - Omnilium can get me whatever I need here. People here want Omnilium, and will possibly kill for it. There are others... Possibly other Magical Girls, and depending on my luck, I might need to fight them. As long as I remain 'interesting', I'll be reborn. Omni's going to be watching me... And waiting. But for what?
Well, first, it would help if I knew what 'being interesting' meant in this case...
This left more questions than answers, and that simply wouldn't do. Besides, how discomforting was that, knowing someone was watching you? While she was somewhat used to Kyubey looking over her sometimes while she was hunting, she wasn't used to having someone always watching her, at least not so openly. Mami shrugged the thought off, stopped and glanced up with a relaxed smile. "Waiting for me? It would help if I knew where you were," she muttered to herself, then broke into a run again. If I don't know where you are, I'll just have to find you.
![[Image: KBSao70.jpg]](http://i.imgur.com/KBSao70.jpg)


