The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1636 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.3.35 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1636 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 912 buildtree




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Fear No Evil
#2
The long march over to the horizon was about as monotonous as watching white paint dry in a room with no windows, only the occasional person shaped blip moving their own directions to places unknown being the only real landmarks ahead of me. Some of them were in small groups or duos, but most of them were like me. Walking alone to whatever destiny they've decided for themselves. Confused, afraid, and extremely pissed off. They avoided me for the most part, and honestly didn't blame. Who knows what kind of psychopath with a shotgun was walking around here, hoping to vent on an unsuspecting victim. I know I would, if I didn't already have a beef with a certain featureless asshat. And because I'm not a psychopath. Nope. Not crazy at all. As I walked way from the fountain for what felt like an hour (can't really tell, no sun), a dark dot that was ahead of me was now close enough that I could pick out details. It was too wide to be a person, and it's been standing there since I've spawn from center of this blasted place. A structure? It would be the most interesting thing that I've seen so far, and I picked up the pace towards it.

I had been right that it would be the most interesting thing so far. By a country mile compared to the dull wasteland behind me. It was a gate, not dissimilar to the ones that that the UAC had been working on before Hell busted it's way through and killed everyone. Except this one looked as if it was actually stable, and not the front door to the plane of pain and insanity. A low hurdle to jump, but I could at least appreciate the effort to not have a gate to Hell sitting like the idiots back on Phobos (not that they could really solve the problem, being disemboweled at the moment). The frame of the portal seems a thin material that I couldn't put my finger on what it was, the only thing adoring it was a plaque labeled "Vastly Deeps", which was about as unhelpful as you could possibly get without having a sign that just said "That place. You know, that one" But inside the gate itself was a image to behold: a shimmering picture of what was on the other side, a sandy beach and infinitely long ocean between the sand and the sky. Off to the side, a bit harder to see, I could see a cluster of buildings at least of some modern style. Meaning sane people and equipment I could use.

With one last look across my back towards the fountain that I started at, now just a dot at the horizon, and making sure my pistol was full of ammo, I stepped inside and I was once again pulled across into an unknown dimension. And heaven help whoever was on the other side.


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)