12-20-2014, 03:37 PM
Quote:I'm entering rough territory now... I need to apply Mami's personality from here on out, rather than use pre-existing knowledge. Her strong sense of justice would make her want to know what's going on before she fires any shots, correct? Unless someone was clearly the villain in her eyes. And no one is.
Now, to finish off this pesky little notice: Sorry I've been slow with responding. The 18th and 19th of this month were busy for me, because of my birthday being celebrated with family and friends respectively, but now I should have faster responses.
Mami's newfound partner didn't seem very educated in the English language. And with a crack very reminiscent of a spine snapping, Mami realized her newfound partner must not be very educated period.
"Are you all right?" Mami asked. "That couldn't have been healthy, or safe for you," she added hastily. She had never understood why people cracked their backs, and had always assumed it was primarily a masculine thing, but she was apparently wrong. The woman, supposedly named Hyphen, curtsied and introduced herself - Something she thought only she did, and she never did it unless she was summoning muskets. She seemed quick to think, which could be a very good thing. "You're from America, are you?" Mami thought aloud. "I'm from Japan, though I'm well-versed in English, as well as Japanese. We needn't worry about communication problems, I hope," she added.
Though she couldn't act as if this situation was completely normal, though - This woman seemed like she was alive maybe two hundred or three hundred years ago, if her limited knowledge of American History was serving her well. "What year is it? I can't remember," she asked, her expression unchanging still. If this woman was from a different time than her, it may bring her closer to finding out just what this place was... And based on her looks, her way of speaking, and how she acted, she most certainly was. (Confirmation, however, was always nice.)
We don't belong here in the first place... You've got that right.
Suddenly, Mami heard running... And yelling. Something about fairness? And... Shooting someone? Calmly, she took in a deep breath and attempted to send ribbons from her outfit to tie those charging almost directly toward her - But no ribbons came. Mami let out a slight sigh and let her smile dissipate. Something was blocking her from her magic... But what? "It seems I've lost some abilities here," she thought aloud. "Give me a hand here, will you?" She looked over at Hyphen and tossed her left-hand musket at her. Mami tossed her right-hand musket into the air, curtsied once more and took a new left-hand musket, then caught the musket she had thrown into the air and dashed between the group of people that were running in their direction. She extended her muskets to face both the man leading and the two that had been chasing - She was more than confident that none of them would move an inch... But just in case, she was armed.
"Nobody's getting shot," Mami chimed. "At least until I get an explanation for what's going on here. For starters, who are you two," she gestured toward the two guards with her head - "and why are you running after this man here? Secondly, Who are you," she gestured toward Siej in the same manner, "And why might you be getting chased? What have you done wrong - Or right - That could make you a target?"
![[Image: KBSao70.jpg]](http://i.imgur.com/KBSao70.jpg)


