12-08-2014, 06:10 AM
Gherron took in each of Fawklin's words, listening to them intently. He was primarily alone. The young man grimaced, he knew what that was like. Upon hearing the question of his training, he couldn't help but chuckle. "My master, well my main one, was Josh. At first, I didn't give him much credit. I was stubborn. But he taught me patience. He taught me that sometimes I have to stop and think before I do something. Everything that I am today is because of him.
"Now when he started teaching me the art of the lightsaber, I immediately chose Soresu form. You see, there are seven main forms. Shii-Cho is for all learners, a balance between both attack and defense. Makashi, my master's favorite, focuses on attack, but also using the environment around you. Soresu puts you in a permanent defense stance, almost completely impenetrable by those who truly master it. Shien is close to Soresu, but a little more movement is involved. The hardest to master is Vapaad, or Juyo to the Sith. It channels all of one's feeling into the combat, making the user's entire person a physical weapon. Most Jedi refuse it because they think it leads to the dark side, with the strong emotions and all."
"Now when he started teaching me the art of the lightsaber, I immediately chose Soresu form. You see, there are seven main forms. Shii-Cho is for all learners, a balance between both attack and defense. Makashi, my master's favorite, focuses on attack, but also using the environment around you. Soresu puts you in a permanent defense stance, almost completely impenetrable by those who truly master it. Shien is close to Soresu, but a little more movement is involved. The hardest to master is Vapaad, or Juyo to the Sith. It channels all of one's feeling into the combat, making the user's entire person a physical weapon. Most Jedi refuse it because they think it leads to the dark side, with the strong emotions and all."

