11-13-2014, 12:18 AM
Neku didn't have any idea what was going on here. A little detective-looking girl with a bubble pipe walked up to him and pointed out that they were all operating under different rules, though he did actually have a vague idea of who Carrot Top was. The comparison was pretty frequent, even in Japan. Her logic was pretty sound, especially since Nyeseth had fought without revealing his wings for even a short time, which he'd never seen a Reaper do. He was still pissed, but the girl's calm reason helped him to stop himself for a minute and take a deep breath. It helped a little bit. At the very least, if he was an actual Reaper, one of the ones that ran the Game, Desco wasn't going to let him do anything about it.
Before he could say anything calm and rational, Rand woke up. That lightning bolt had really done a number on him. Neku winced in sympathy. Then he started spouting some nonsense about a Dark One and him being a Dragon. "Well, this just makes me believe Dame Edna over there even more. I have no idea what you're talking about." The comedian reference seemed like an apt rebuttal for the "Carrot Top" thing. "But I can definitely agree on going separate ways."
The redhead turned to face Nyeseth, still seething slightly but much more composed. "Maybe you aren't a Reaper, or at least, not one of the ones I'm familiar with. Maybe you are. I don't care." He knelt down to Desco's level, trying to sound a little more chipper for the kid's sake, despite the fact that she probably wasn't a normal kid. "I don't know why you're defending him, but I'm on your side, too. If he hurts you, find me and I'll kick his butt for you." He stood back up and, giving Nyeseth a final glare, turned and started walking towards one of the Gates. He called over his shoulder as he walked away; "I mean it, Reaper. One scratch on her and we'll find out if Omni was telling the truth about death."
Man, it felt good to be the one delivering threats to some kind of Reaper after three weeks of taking it from them. Even if it wasn't the right kind of Reaper.
Before he could say anything calm and rational, Rand woke up. That lightning bolt had really done a number on him. Neku winced in sympathy. Then he started spouting some nonsense about a Dark One and him being a Dragon. "Well, this just makes me believe Dame Edna over there even more. I have no idea what you're talking about." The comedian reference seemed like an apt rebuttal for the "Carrot Top" thing. "But I can definitely agree on going separate ways."
The redhead turned to face Nyeseth, still seething slightly but much more composed. "Maybe you aren't a Reaper, or at least, not one of the ones I'm familiar with. Maybe you are. I don't care." He knelt down to Desco's level, trying to sound a little more chipper for the kid's sake, despite the fact that she probably wasn't a normal kid. "I don't know why you're defending him, but I'm on your side, too. If he hurts you, find me and I'll kick his butt for you." He stood back up and, giving Nyeseth a final glare, turned and started walking towards one of the Gates. He called over his shoulder as he walked away; "I mean it, Reaper. One scratch on her and we'll find out if Omni was telling the truth about death."
Man, it felt good to be the one delivering threats to some kind of Reaper after three weeks of taking it from them. Even if it wasn't the right kind of Reaper.

