The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1636 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.3.35 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1636 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 912 buildtree




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The End of a Beginning: The Beginning of an End
#15
"Give his life?" Retane thought for a moment.

"He gave up some of his essence to make the Pact", Arith answered. "He was the type that was that strong enough to endure and get stronger."

"Hmmm..." The Namek pondered the words for a moment. "This still doesn't do anything for me but give me more questions. Questions that really do not pertain to me it seems."

Arith cocked his head at a different angle as if trying to understand what he was saying. "Say what Gremlin? More questions? Questions that don't pertain to you?"

Retane let out a long sigh, "Forget about it. So you're saying that this Enroshia fellow marked me with this... Mark.. A Mark that he was supposed to use on himself to summon you and get you guys home?"

"Yes." Arith frowned a bit.

"Then the question is why? Why mark me? I have nothing to do with any of you." Retane seemed perplexed by it all. He hardly knew anything about himself, and was having this thrown at him as well of more stuff he didn't know.

Arith could only shrug, " Maybe you can summon us and send us home."

The Namek gave the thought a passing shake of his head. "While I might have been many things, I really doubt that's the case. From the words I spoke earlier, it seems more like he might have f-" He happened to look up as he was speaking and somewhere there seemed to be a shimmering twinkle in the eyes of the Champion. It was as if it was the last beacon of hope for the Lythian, and Retane was not sure he was up to taking it away it away from him.

"-found a different way to get you guys back home." Retane finished the lie and closed his eyes again.

Arith pondered over the words for a few moments and raised his hands and shoulders in a shrug, "Maybe."

Retane still felt weak. He hadn't actually rested since he had recooperated from what had happened to him that he had no memory of, and he was sure it was all taxing and taking it's toll on him. So it was then that he allowed sleep to take over.

----------

He awoke later on. He had no clue how much time had passed but as his eyes opened he was confronted by the hot breath of a grey dragon staring him dead in the face.

"Boo."

The Namek reached out and swung hard. His reflexes were off though and missed the mark as Arith leapt back, or rather, fell back laughing

"I scared you! Ahahahahah"

Retane flexed his muscles a bit recalling everything that had passed in his previous wakening and shook his head of the cobwebs, "Why are you still here? Shouldn't you have vanished when I slept or something?"

Arith stopped mid laugh and sat up, "I don't know how it works. You're the one with the Mark, not me."

Retane grumbled, "Why were you in my face anyways?"

The Lythian Champion paused for a moment as if to recall the reason,"Oh! Because someone is coming and I was trying to see if you were still asleep or pretending to sleep and then I was gonna whack you in the head and run!"

"You were going to do what?"

"Hey its the best way to wake someone up and get them alert in my honest opinion." Arith threw his hands up like the answer should have been obvious.

Whether or not the Dragon Warrior was correct or not, Retane didn't have time to ponder. Instead he leapt to his feet and looked around. Someone was coming, but who? Were they hostile? Or no? Could they be trusted? Could anyone be trusted?

He walked over to where Arith was still prone as he kept his eyes looking about, "I'm sorry but I'm going to need you to be quiet for a while." Arith looked up at him and Retane was sure that there was a confused look behind the mask. He never saw the kick coming from the Namek and turned into the shadowed mist upon contact.

It was the only way Retane knew how to get rid of him at the time.
[Image: hchh.png]

I refuse to lose this battle,
Let whatever come my way.
I am stronger then my rival,
No, I will not fall today...


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)