04-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Eighteen’s words elicited a deep, throaty chuckle from the Gerudo King. His head lowered towards the ivory keys as amusement took over, the chuckle turning into full-blown laughter. Moments passed before Ganondorf could compose himself; when he did, the sun-darkened man stood and walked over to his blonde companion. Despite the rather elevated mattress upon which she lay, Ganondorf’s impressive form towered over her like a child over an ant. A wry smirk turned his lip skyward and his jade eyes soaked in the sight before him.
“A villain, Eighteen?” Ganondorf finally spoke, after an eternity of seconds passed. “I apologize if anything I’ve done thus far has led you to this conclusion.”
Seating himself on the plush bedding, the flame-haired man continued without pause, “You wish to know just what I am? I’m simply a man with ambition. And like all men with drive, there are those who will see the worst in me, such as the boy you witnessed attacking me in the cavern. The change I wrought in Hyrule was not a change he wished to be, and as such we were at odds. Then, he was the victor and I was banished to a realm between realms.”
Those emerald orbs lost focus, his gaze upon something not in the room. A flood of memories washed over Ganondorf and he involuntarily shuddered at the recollection. Still, he continued speaking.
“Of course, I was the victor in our latest engagement, though I doubt it will be our last.”
The desert-hardened man’s eyes refocused on the woman in bed with him, “Though I doubt any of this means anything to you. The point is: there are no villains, Eighteen. There are no heroes. There are simply men and women. We all have the capacity for great good and great evil, yet even the darkest man has a spark of light in his soul and the purest saint has a shadow lurking in her heart. How history judges us is what gives the labels of heroes and villains.”
Ganondorf reclined in the massive bed, head upon the pillows, though body on top of the bedding. Fortunately, his loincloth as yet covered his unmentionables; something Ganondorf was careful to ensure as he had no desire to live out his previous fantasy. His eyes, those deep pools of green, never left Eighteen.
“As for what you’re doing here… well, I wonder the same myself. Having rescued my personage, and attained that treasure for me, I had assumed you’d have considered us even and made your leave. Yet, you remain. Not only do you remain, but you have chosen to lay your head in my bed. Perhaps you should ask yourself why you have chosen to stay by my side.”
With a final chuckle, Ganondorf shifted into a more comfortable and smiled, baring teeth as white as bleached bones.
“But since you have chosen my bed, I would ask that you slip into something more suited to sleeping, my Lady. I’d prefer not to have the dirt and grime of a hard day’s work litter my place of sleep.
“A villain, Eighteen?” Ganondorf finally spoke, after an eternity of seconds passed. “I apologize if anything I’ve done thus far has led you to this conclusion.”
Seating himself on the plush bedding, the flame-haired man continued without pause, “You wish to know just what I am? I’m simply a man with ambition. And like all men with drive, there are those who will see the worst in me, such as the boy you witnessed attacking me in the cavern. The change I wrought in Hyrule was not a change he wished to be, and as such we were at odds. Then, he was the victor and I was banished to a realm between realms.”
Those emerald orbs lost focus, his gaze upon something not in the room. A flood of memories washed over Ganondorf and he involuntarily shuddered at the recollection. Still, he continued speaking.
“Of course, I was the victor in our latest engagement, though I doubt it will be our last.”
The desert-hardened man’s eyes refocused on the woman in bed with him, “Though I doubt any of this means anything to you. The point is: there are no villains, Eighteen. There are no heroes. There are simply men and women. We all have the capacity for great good and great evil, yet even the darkest man has a spark of light in his soul and the purest saint has a shadow lurking in her heart. How history judges us is what gives the labels of heroes and villains.”
Ganondorf reclined in the massive bed, head upon the pillows, though body on top of the bedding. Fortunately, his loincloth as yet covered his unmentionables; something Ganondorf was careful to ensure as he had no desire to live out his previous fantasy. His eyes, those deep pools of green, never left Eighteen.
“As for what you’re doing here… well, I wonder the same myself. Having rescued my personage, and attained that treasure for me, I had assumed you’d have considered us even and made your leave. Yet, you remain. Not only do you remain, but you have chosen to lay your head in my bed. Perhaps you should ask yourself why you have chosen to stay by my side.”
With a final chuckle, Ganondorf shifted into a more comfortable and smiled, baring teeth as white as bleached bones.
“But since you have chosen my bed, I would ask that you slip into something more suited to sleeping, my Lady. I’d prefer not to have the dirt and grime of a hard day’s work litter my place of sleep.
