07-06-2015, 06:47 AM
Victor stared down the beast feeling the intent to kill him it was almost radiating, if Gilgamesh had not ordered it to stand down. It would probably be trying to spread the contents of his jugular over the floor. He was not phased by this though, and held his gaze. In his line of work there was always someone who wanted him dead. It was a feeling he knew too well.
He turned his gaze towards the throne and the king sitting upon it, Gilgamesh seemed to radiate authority, giving commands to his servants as if it was more natural to him than walking. Victor smiled at the comment of the king, he thought about how to respond for a moment before replying.
"Why of course I did not come here just for some minor recruitment and to discuss the way the world works, I just like to help my allies as much as possible, and its always nice to find people who you see eye to eye with, I have met too many people in the world who I, hmm, had some slight disagreements with that may have left some resentment on both sides."
Victor thought about all the people he had met so far and how much conflict there own morality had caused between them, from the fanatical Okor, to the overly kind Raina. He had wondered if this verse was some kind of hell filled with only honor-bound fools and bleeding hearts. But now he had met a king empowered with ambition and the power and charisma that was needed to rule. this felt like a good sign.
"As for that favor call it a..." Victor paused, formulating the best word for the situation in his mind before continuing, "Freebie, an example of my work and how useful it can be to your cause, after all I do believe the weapon obtained from that little infiltration served you well, all I ask in return is that you allow me to keep serving you and your kingdom."
A servant came back into the room carefully handling a rather expensive looking bottle of wine and two golden goblets, as he hurried over to Victor.Clearly showing the signs of stress that must come with serving a powerful king, the servant poured both goblets and passed them on to both men before leaving the room. Victor took a sip of the aromatic liquid, it tasted like heaven on his taste buds.
"You have your servants trained well, this is a great choice of drink for this sort of situation. There is one more thing I need now that I think about it. I need information and targets. If I do not have a target then I am no better than your common serial killer, and we both know I am better than that." Victor joked laughing at his own morbid sense of humor towards his occupation.
"So my lord, tell me, who are the enemies of this kingdom? And who should I put on my list as my second target as the assassin of New Babylon? After all, I am sure there are people who you simply do not have the time to deal with yourself and my blades are always looking for something to dig into."
Victor continued to drink the wine as he awaited a response from the king. He wondered how this mighty ruler would respond to an offer from the young assassin.
He turned his gaze towards the throne and the king sitting upon it, Gilgamesh seemed to radiate authority, giving commands to his servants as if it was more natural to him than walking. Victor smiled at the comment of the king, he thought about how to respond for a moment before replying.
"Why of course I did not come here just for some minor recruitment and to discuss the way the world works, I just like to help my allies as much as possible, and its always nice to find people who you see eye to eye with, I have met too many people in the world who I, hmm, had some slight disagreements with that may have left some resentment on both sides."
Victor thought about all the people he had met so far and how much conflict there own morality had caused between them, from the fanatical Okor, to the overly kind Raina. He had wondered if this verse was some kind of hell filled with only honor-bound fools and bleeding hearts. But now he had met a king empowered with ambition and the power and charisma that was needed to rule. this felt like a good sign.
"As for that favor call it a..." Victor paused, formulating the best word for the situation in his mind before continuing, "Freebie, an example of my work and how useful it can be to your cause, after all I do believe the weapon obtained from that little infiltration served you well, all I ask in return is that you allow me to keep serving you and your kingdom."
A servant came back into the room carefully handling a rather expensive looking bottle of wine and two golden goblets, as he hurried over to Victor.Clearly showing the signs of stress that must come with serving a powerful king, the servant poured both goblets and passed them on to both men before leaving the room. Victor took a sip of the aromatic liquid, it tasted like heaven on his taste buds.
"You have your servants trained well, this is a great choice of drink for this sort of situation. There is one more thing I need now that I think about it. I need information and targets. If I do not have a target then I am no better than your common serial killer, and we both know I am better than that." Victor joked laughing at his own morbid sense of humor towards his occupation.
"So my lord, tell me, who are the enemies of this kingdom? And who should I put on my list as my second target as the assassin of New Babylon? After all, I am sure there are people who you simply do not have the time to deal with yourself and my blades are always looking for something to dig into."
Victor continued to drink the wine as he awaited a response from the king. He wondered how this mighty ruler would respond to an offer from the young assassin.
![[Image: LMLzBQ4.gif]](https://i.imgur.com/LMLzBQ4.gif)

