The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1636 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.3.35 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1636 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 912 buildtree
Warning [2] Undefined array key "" - Line: 1584 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.3.35 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1584 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 203 usergroup_displaygroup
/showthread.php 913 build_postbit
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.3.35 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1588 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 203 usergroup_displaygroup
/showthread.php 913 build_postbit
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.3.35 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1588 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 203 usergroup_displaygroup
/showthread.php 913 build_postbit
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.3.35 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1588 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 203 usergroup_displaygroup
/showthread.php 913 build_postbit
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.3.35 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1588 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 203 usergroup_displaygroup
/showthread.php 913 build_postbit
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.3.35 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1588 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 203 usergroup_displaygroup
/showthread.php 913 build_postbit
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.3.35 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1588 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 203 usergroup_displaygroup
/showthread.php 913 build_postbit
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.3.35 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1588 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 203 usergroup_displaygroup
/showthread.php 913 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "useravatar" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.35 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 934 eval
/showthread.php 913 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "userstars" - Line: 11 - File: inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.35 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code 11 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 934 eval
/showthread.php 913 build_postbit




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Fifty Shades of Ganondorf [Ganon, Thaal]
#11
The dry earth crunched under Sinestro’s boots as he moved towards the town. When he noticed that his companion had yet to spur his horse onward, however, the red-skinned man stopped and looked back at Ganondorf. The Gerudo was leaning forward in the saddle, his bulk inadvertently shading Eighteen as he stared towards the town.

“Unlike yourself, Ganondorf, I’m not used to the heat and sun yet. I’d like to have a roof over my head before I dry up out here.”

“Wait…” Ganondorf replied, frowning as his thoughts churned. Of course, it had been years since he’d last felt the embrace of the desert sun, so he was faring little better than Sinestro, especially after the exertion of his battle with the woman laid across his lap. However, that wasn’t what had stopped the Gerudo in his tracks. No… it was a thought.

“We need to change our plans, Sinestro.”

The former Lantern scowled, striding over and glaring up at the taller man, “What?! Why?”

Ganondorf sighed, smiling a bit as he patted Eighteen’s bottom while addressing his compatriot, “Because of her. Perhaps you knew when exactly this woman began to eavesdrop on us, but I have little idea. That means she may have heard our plans. She’s obviously shown herself to be against them… so, the sensible thing would be to alter our plans so that she is once again in the dark about what we’re trying to do here.”

“No. The sensible thing would be to bury her in the desert and let her die,” Sinestro retorted with heat in his voice.

Patient as always, at least on the surface, Ganondorf chuckled and continued, “No. If this Omni is to be believed, then killing her would be a temporary respite at best, and would undoubtedly make her more of an enemy than she already is.”

“However,” the Gerudo said with a sly grin and twinkle in his eye, straightening out to his full height, “a wise man keeps his enemies close, so as to better keep tabs on them. And that’s what we shall do, Sinestro.”

The korugaran scowled, giving the idea a moment of thought before shaking his head, “If we don’t get rid of her, she’ll still be in a position to foil our plans.”

In response, Ganondorf gave his ‘friend’ a hearty laugh, reaching down to clap the man on the shoulder, “And that is why we split up, before anyone in that town has a chance to see us together. In doing so, she’ll only have the opportunity to hinder one of us in our conquest, leaving the other free to do as he pleases. And as I am the one to have bested her in combat, I feel it’s prudent that I keep her with me. We shall head into the town, where I will give all appearances of being a model citizen. I’ll work my way into the good graces of whoever is in charge there, and once I gain the support of the populace, that is when I become the leader of that collection of squalid shacks. In the meantime, you, my friend, will begin gathering the forces that undoubtedly besiege that town. Use that fear you hold so dear, and become their new warlord.”

Nodding to himself, Ganondorf rubbed his chin as he finished, “And when both our plans have come to fruition, we will consolidate our power. This... ‘Verse’, I suppose it’s called, will be ours. And from there... everything.”

Laughing, Ganondorf gave voice to his satisfaction as Sinestro looked on coldly.

“If we do this, we’ll certainly end up having to fight each other from time to time. What then?”

With a snort, Ganondor replied, “Then we give our audience a show. It’ll be glorious, and they will love and fear our power, even when they end in stalemates. And, of course, it will be our best chance to converse about our plans without needing to worry about spies. “

“And her?” Sinestro gestured to Eighteen as he spoke.

“Her? Well, she’ll obviously love me. I’ll spin a story of treachery and falling out, placing our ‘heinous’ acts squarely upon your shoulders, I’m afraid. And though she’ll be suspicious, at first, my actions in the town will dissolve those suspicious quickly enough. By the time she realises her folly, it will be too late to stop our plans, and she’ll either need to join us, or be doomed to failure. I believe she’ll be wise enough to choose the former, despite her moral quandaries.”

Finally, Sinestro nodded his approval to the plan, looking out to the desert.

“It may be a long way before I find the bandits, Ganondorf.”

Shoulders slumping, and letting out a sigh, Ganondorf concentrated once again. He focused his being, and this strange Omnilium, shaping a form from seeming nothingness. Minutes passed before he was finished, but when the Gerudo finally completed his project, a dusky camel stood beside Sinestro, laden with food and water for a day or two, if rationed correctly.

“This will be the last time I provide you with assistance in this manner, Sinestro. I’m neither your errand-boy, as I said before, nor your benefactor. If you wish us to be equals, you need to learn to stand on your own.”

As he spoke, Ganondorf knew he was upsetting his companion, as the man’s eyes grew heated as they glared up at him. Still, he continued.

“Find those we seek and have them cater to you from now on, man. And when next I see you, I expect to find a man who needs not rely on my good graces to survive out here. Only then will I call you equal.”

Those last words said, Ganondorf moved off towards the town, Eighteen’s limp form still laid across his lap.


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)