The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1636 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.3.35 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1636 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 912 buildtree




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The Worst Kingslayer
#16
Strazio listened to the boy speak; he seemed more open if only slightly. The prime drank the rest of his wine, even after a few sips he was feeling the effects of the alcohol. Strazio made it a point to avoid drinking and it made his tolerance damn near nonexistent. He closed his eyes and reclined backwards, taking in the pleasures of the sauna. So I was right, Ragnarok is a demon he thought to himself before setting the golden chalice down. Crona showed interest in his scars and he held up his hand, palm facing the ceiling.

"Power always comes at a cost, as I'm sure you know. I don't know if you have magick where you come from, but in my experience binding a demon into your body requires an incredible knowledge of magick" he spoke and began to channel arcs of white-hot energy along his forearm. "Now, magick needs a conduit to be channeled properly. Most mages use a staff or incantations, or in some rare cases demons. I use my body as a conduit, my own flesh and blood is sacrificed in order to call upon devastating magicks." A burst of white hot energy exploded upwards from his hand. The energy vaporized the air and left behind a thunderclap. Strazio showed Crona his slightly burnt palm. "Most of my scars are self inflicted, except for this one." Strazio rubbed the chevron burnt into his chest, the scar that Damien Alabaster gave him. He took a deep breath and looked over at Crona "when I was young, a man came to my village. His name was Damien Alabaster and he was a mage much like myself. Well, he burned my village to the ground and killed everyone I cared about. This mark on my chest is his brand, he allowed me to live and told me to never forget who ruined my life."

Energy arced across Strazio's body, responding to the anger deep in his heart. There was an awkward moment of silence between Crona and Strazio. After quieting his anger Strazio spoke again "ah, but perhaps that's a bit too heavy of a topic. You asked why I came to see Gilgamesh, well I made a promise to the people of Darkshire." He clutched the Darkshire emblem that hung from his neck and continued "I told them I would kill Dracula, and I try to make it a habit to not go back on promises. At any rate I'm trying to put together a small army of primes to help me keep my promise and our host seems to be quite influential. So I'm going to ask him for help, if he can forgive someone sent here to kill him surely he can see it in his heart to help me."

The same servant from before entered the sauna and spoke "King Gilgamesh has granted you an audience and will now see you sir"

"Excellent!" Strazio exclaimed, the slight buzz from the wine added to his excitement. He stood up and wiped off the sweat and steam from his body with a nearby towel. His shirt was pulled tight over his body, covering the Darkshire crest. Strazio looked over at Crona and motioned for him to follow along. Strazio followed the servant back along the hallways to the throne room. He would have been nervous if not for the wine in his gut. Strazio's excitement got the better of him and he walked past the servant and opened the door to the throne room. Strazio walked in, taking note of the female who was kneeling before the king. Strazio rubbed his scarred arms and felt that he had accidentally interrupted something important. He stepped forward and nodded to the female as he passed. The king seemed irritated by his presence, perhaps a long day but more than likely because of his accidental intrusion.

"Sorry for barging in, your servant said that you were ready to have an audience with me" he chuckled softly, the gravity of the situation finally settled in.The prime clenched his fists and steeled himself, hoping that Gilgamesh would not be upset by his intrusion.
[Image: StrazSig.png]

[Image: DarkshireBadge.png][Image: DarkshireDefenseBadge.png][Image: SecondarySaga.png][Image: HerosGraveyardBadge.png]


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)