05-03-2015, 02:58 PM
Strazio listened to the strange boy and fiddled with his Darkshire crest. Why is he so nervous? Strazio thought and stepped from his perch on the door. Suddenly a strange beast erupted from the boys back. Strazio's magick kicked into gear and sparks crawled across his body, preparing him for any form of attack. The creature didn't seem to be actively hostile, but its words were harsh and full of fury. Strazio took a deep breath, quieting his own anger as Ragnarok ranted. He want to blast a hole in the impish creature, but attacking a guest of the king seemed to be poor manners to say the least. The devilish creature crawled back into Crona and Strazio's magick quieted down.
"I'm sure he's pleasant once you get to know him" Strazio laughed a bit nervously trying to clear the air. Is he a warlock? What is this boy? In Strazio's world warlocks were powerful spellcasters that bound demons into their skin through the use of magick-infused ink. Once bound demons had no will of their own, but Ragnarok was different he most certainly had a will of his own. He had ran into a few devilish warlocks in his time and every one of them kept a short leash around their "pets" Crona barely seemed in control of the monster. Strazio clenched the emblem in his hand and answered Crona's question "Not exactly, I've got a promise to keep and getting pinned down serving a desert king would make it hard for me to keep it." He thought back to his promise to Dmitri, he told the sniper that he would rip the gates from Dracula's castle and save the Pale Moors. "No I'm here to ask for a favor from the great king."
"A favor?" Crona asked.
Before Strazio could elaborate further a servant came behind him and made his presence known. A younger fellow, but following suit with the other he was dressed quite dapper. His posture was near perfection as were his manner. The prime was not used to such refinement and he felt a bit off-put by the servant's presence.
"King Gilgamesh wishes to offer the luxuries of New Babylon to his honored guests." the servant told the two primes.
Strazio shrugged and looked back at Crona who was still tucked away in his corner. The boy didn't seem to be the sociable type, but then again with a demon growing out of his back who could really blame him for being that way? Perhaps the kid just needed time to adjust to the place, or perhaps that was just the way he was. Either way, with or without Crona Strazio wasn't going to pass on the opportunity to partake in some fineries. He could get used to the life of luxury, but in the back of his mind he knew it wouldn't last forever and eventually he would have to return to Darkshire; the champion of the people couldn't afford to get bogged down in decadence.
"I'm game, I'd appreciate it if you came along Crona. Even though we just met you are the only person I know here so I wouldn't mind your company" he smiled as sincerely as he could at Crona before stepping out into the hallway. Strazio looked the servant up and down and asked him "I appreciate the wonderful hospitality, but could you be kind enough to do something for me?"
"And that would be?" the servant raised his eyebrow. He seemed eager to serve and Strazio took his opportunity to ask.
"I want to have an audience with King Gilgamesh. Now I know he's a busy guy what with being the king and all and I'm not in a hurry, but the sooner the better please."
"Most certainly sir, I will ask him for you after I lead you to the sauna room" the servant gave Strazio a half-bow before turning around "if you'll follow me sir."
Strazio glanced back at Crona who had stepped up to the threshold of the door. The boy was holding one arm and spoke shyly "I uhm... I-I'd like to come with... if you don't m-mind"
Crona tried to avoid eye-contact and rubbed his one arm. Strazio grinned from ear to ear and wrapped his arm around the young boy, pulling him close. He realized that he might've have been too rough with Crona and quickly let go of his embrace, but he still spoke with enthusiasm "That's the spirit!". The two followed the servant as he led them through the palace. Portraits of the king lined the walls and gold was a common motif amongst the decorations. Everything was well-crafted without being gaudy. This king sure knows how to decorate a room Strazio thought so himself and they walked along. Eventually the servant brought them to the sauna and offered them a drink of wine before entering. Strazio smiled at the gracious offer and spoke as he grabbed a golden cup filled with the liquid "I'm not much of drinker, but what the hell I'll have some"
Inside the sauna he removed his shirt, revealing the red chevron burned into his chest and the plethora of scars covering his body. The bandaged that covered him had a few blood-stains, but for the most part his wounds had healed. He looked over at Crona and finally asked "So, that thing crawling out of your back, what is it?"
"I'm sure he's pleasant once you get to know him" Strazio laughed a bit nervously trying to clear the air. Is he a warlock? What is this boy? In Strazio's world warlocks were powerful spellcasters that bound demons into their skin through the use of magick-infused ink. Once bound demons had no will of their own, but Ragnarok was different he most certainly had a will of his own. He had ran into a few devilish warlocks in his time and every one of them kept a short leash around their "pets" Crona barely seemed in control of the monster. Strazio clenched the emblem in his hand and answered Crona's question "Not exactly, I've got a promise to keep and getting pinned down serving a desert king would make it hard for me to keep it." He thought back to his promise to Dmitri, he told the sniper that he would rip the gates from Dracula's castle and save the Pale Moors. "No I'm here to ask for a favor from the great king."
"A favor?" Crona asked.
Before Strazio could elaborate further a servant came behind him and made his presence known. A younger fellow, but following suit with the other he was dressed quite dapper. His posture was near perfection as were his manner. The prime was not used to such refinement and he felt a bit off-put by the servant's presence.
"King Gilgamesh wishes to offer the luxuries of New Babylon to his honored guests." the servant told the two primes.
Strazio shrugged and looked back at Crona who was still tucked away in his corner. The boy didn't seem to be the sociable type, but then again with a demon growing out of his back who could really blame him for being that way? Perhaps the kid just needed time to adjust to the place, or perhaps that was just the way he was. Either way, with or without Crona Strazio wasn't going to pass on the opportunity to partake in some fineries. He could get used to the life of luxury, but in the back of his mind he knew it wouldn't last forever and eventually he would have to return to Darkshire; the champion of the people couldn't afford to get bogged down in decadence.
"I'm game, I'd appreciate it if you came along Crona. Even though we just met you are the only person I know here so I wouldn't mind your company" he smiled as sincerely as he could at Crona before stepping out into the hallway. Strazio looked the servant up and down and asked him "I appreciate the wonderful hospitality, but could you be kind enough to do something for me?"
"And that would be?" the servant raised his eyebrow. He seemed eager to serve and Strazio took his opportunity to ask.
"I want to have an audience with King Gilgamesh. Now I know he's a busy guy what with being the king and all and I'm not in a hurry, but the sooner the better please."
"Most certainly sir, I will ask him for you after I lead you to the sauna room" the servant gave Strazio a half-bow before turning around "if you'll follow me sir."
Strazio glanced back at Crona who had stepped up to the threshold of the door. The boy was holding one arm and spoke shyly "I uhm... I-I'd like to come with... if you don't m-mind"
Crona tried to avoid eye-contact and rubbed his one arm. Strazio grinned from ear to ear and wrapped his arm around the young boy, pulling him close. He realized that he might've have been too rough with Crona and quickly let go of his embrace, but he still spoke with enthusiasm "That's the spirit!". The two followed the servant as he led them through the palace. Portraits of the king lined the walls and gold was a common motif amongst the decorations. Everything was well-crafted without being gaudy. This king sure knows how to decorate a room Strazio thought so himself and they walked along. Eventually the servant brought them to the sauna and offered them a drink of wine before entering. Strazio smiled at the gracious offer and spoke as he grabbed a golden cup filled with the liquid "I'm not much of drinker, but what the hell I'll have some"
Inside the sauna he removed his shirt, revealing the red chevron burned into his chest and the plethora of scars covering his body. The bandaged that covered him had a few blood-stains, but for the most part his wounds had healed. He looked over at Crona and finally asked "So, that thing crawling out of your back, what is it?"
Quote:Let me know if that's good for you Crona, if you don't want to follow I can get this post edited.
![[Image: StrazSig.png]](http://www.cytokineindustries.com/chevereto/images/2017/07/13/StrazSig.png)
![[Image: DarkshireBadge.png]](http://www.cytokineindustries.com/chevereto/images/2017/07/13/DarkshireBadge.png)
![[Image: DarkshireDefenseBadge.png]](http://www.cytokineindustries.com/chevereto/images/2017/07/13/DarkshireDefenseBadge.png)
![[Image: SecondarySaga.png]](http://www.cytokineindustries.com/chevereto/images/2017/07/13/SecondarySaga.png)
![[Image: HerosGraveyardBadge.png]](http://www.cytokineindustries.com/chevereto/images/2017/07/13/HerosGraveyardBadge.png)
