The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1636 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.3.35 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1636 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 912 buildtree




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The Worst Kingslayer
#4
Crona waited as patiently as he could while Gilgamesh's servant went out to send news to his king, and though the boy stood mostly still, holding his arms close in to his chest, his mind raced. He imagined himself running away from the castle, from the Empire, from everything, maybe he could find someplace tucked away where nobody would look for him, or at least a place where he could hide from being hunted. As usual, Ragnarok woulden't be very happy, and he could already hear the demon grumbling unhappily. This was at least worth an attempt...

"The King will see you, be sure to pay the utmost respect to him whilst in his chamber." A regal voice sounded from the castle, leaving the entrance wide-open for Crona to enter. The boy stared at the returned servant in a moment of surprise and panic, unsure if he could follow through, before giving him a slow-nod and shuffling along behind him as he was lead through the castle, leaving the surrounding city far behind.

The outside of the castle was surely a sight to see, but the insides were even more spectacular, almost everything was expertly crafted from gold or other beautiful - and expensive - materials. It must have taken a huge amount of time, money and effort to create such a marvel, and it gave Crona somewhat of an idea of what the person who created this place was like. Perhaps this Gilgamesh had created this place in a similar way to how he spawned the motorcycle in the Nexus? That would certainly explain things, but it also meant that the king was fairly powerful.

Crona audibly gulps, he was beginning to think more and more that this was a mistake.

Soon enough, the servant opened the door to reveal what looked like a throne room, with a man in glistening golden armor sitting on the far side. Crona waits outside the door for a moment, staring at Gilgamesh from the shadows, before the King's servant ushers him in and closes the door behind him with a loud clank. The boy lets out a quiet sigh before slowly making his way into the center of the room, looking up nervously at the king before clearing his throat. "Ar-are you Gligamesh?" He speaks in a voice just barely loud enough for the King to hear, and after he nods, Crona brings his arms away his chest, his black blade forming into his hands as he spoke again. "I...I have to, uhm. I have to do this or I'll be h-hunted down by the Em-Empire."

Ragnarok was ready to go as he always was, and by now so was Crona, and the quickly prepare to fire a beam at the King, a sickly purple energy and a piercing scream coming out from the blade as he prepares to fire. "Screech Alpha!" The boy yells as loud as he can manage over his blade's screams. Was the King just going to sit there and do nothing? He had barely even moved since the boy had entered the room, was he that powerful that he could take a direct hit and survive, or perhaps he was just accepting his fate? Doubt plagued Crona's mind, but it was much to late to change anything now.

As though reading his attacker's thoughts, something did happen. Large, golden portals opened up all around him, and sets of chains launched from them as they snared him from every angle, effectively nullifying his attack and keeping him completely helpless. Crona near immediately goes wide-eyed in panic, thrashing in the chains for just a moment before he heard Gilgamesh burst out in laughter. The boy still looked around, desperately looking for a way out as the King spoke to him.

Crona shriveled under the King's glare, but his words did not fall on deaf ears, and soon the boy turns from a desperate panic to a odd shyness as he weighed his options. "Wait, so, you aren't mad at me? I mean, I j-just tried to kill you." He tried to fold his hands into his chest, though the chains had prevented any such action, and he had no choice but to stand there feeling incredibly vulnerable. "I... I don't have any loyalty to the Empire, its just that they... they said if I killed you, they'd leave me alone, because I got attacked in their city and made a mess. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..." The boy sighed, he didn't know what to do, everybody wanted him to do his work for them, but he knew he didn't want to do the Empire's work. "I just... I just... I won't harm you. Or your subjects, OK? If-if you're against the Empire, well, then, I guess I am too."

"WHAAAAAT?!" A voice echos immediately from Crona's black blade, and soon a set of bulky arms emerge from its surface, pulling itself up to reveal an equally bulky body with a strangely shaped head with a large X for a face. "What the hell is wrong with you, you goddamn dumbass? Are you just gonna go from one boss to another? This is why I should be the boss. Cause you have no backbone! NO. BACKBONE." The demon flew into a rage at Crona, smacking aggressively over the head with a pair of gloved hands, and while the boy was chained he certainly had no chance of fighting back. The two bicker between eachother for a moment, though just as the chains dissipate enough for Crona to regain some of his composure, Ragnarok turns his attention to his would-be target. "You! For someone dressed in all-gold you have a damn silver-tongue! Why should we fight for you, huh? What makes you better then the Empire? They have huge buildings and cars with cannons on them, how you gonna mess with that? Speak!" Ragnarok spoke quickly, and even though Crona gave a small protest, saying something along the lines of not dealing with this right, another wrathful glare from the demon made the boy turn away.
[float=right][Image: more_of_da_crona__page_doll____free_to_u...82ftrt.png][/float]


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)