The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1636 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.3.35 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1636 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 912 buildtree




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The Blog of Guu
#8
Quote:Made while slacking off during a fight.

Mood: Suppressing Annoyance
Listening to: “Untitled” by Simple Plan
Watch my most recent video!


So yeah, for anyone who doesn’t know already, a surrogate of me was featured in a video satire relating to Omni: www.youtube.com/watch?v=d47-h473r5
For those not following my twitter, I got into an argument with a guy who really hated Omni. I may have overwhelmingly showed my support for him, which got a reaction out of people; some positive, some negative. On the plus side, a got a crap ton of new followers out of this (I’ll have to have a thing commemorating it later), on the negative… yeah the video I was featured in.
Those of you who can’t watch youtube right now, basically it’s a video series about a guy posing as Omni espousing less than subtle hypocritical humor. In this one, he’s waited on hand and foot by a bunch of ladies, including one wearing my primary outfit that hangs off him like a scenery dressing.
I’ve mentioned on twitter that I had faith that Omni would have a sense of humor in this situation, so I’ll have one too… and by that, I mean I’ll write a review and less than subtly tear it apart. Pure bias, all the way!

One thing I’d like to note to start, I find it odd that he could obtain a throne, caviar, champagne, endangered panda meat, a butler outfit, and three well endowed women willing to be set dressing for him, but the best Omni costume he could pull together is an all white ski outfit. Is that part of the joke? Like is that supposedly a commentary where Omni himself is cheap while everything else about him isn’t? If that’s the case, then that is the only thing subtle about the videos.
The series seems to run off the “Trollomni” meme that I’m slowly becoming more aware of the more time I’m on the Dataverse. It kind of gets tiresome after a while when everyone reads everything he ever does as just an active attempt to troll the people he takes. It basically ends all possible philosophical debate for an [insert laugh track here.] There’s so much to ponder about concerning Omni’s motivations for creating this place: What does he intend for us? Where will all this take us? What is the end goal? But no, the cheap laugh is more important to some people, and that’s sad.
I did watch the first video in the series as well (the one I’m in is technically the second.) This guy really likes his sex jokes. While I had a laugh at the testicle gag at first, he just kept on running with it through out the video; on and on about people touching his balls, sex slaves, and his ex-girlfriend. Considering how short the video is, couldn’t he have utilized his airtime a little better?
Then again, it seems one trick pony is a common theme in these videos, because the second one is entirely about how he has wealth and power while trying to convince us otherwise. It’s a little presumptuous considering we’ve never heard anything from Omni about how he wants us to perceive him. In fact, outside his opening introduction, he seems to prefer to keep his distance and let us do our own thing, and is there anything really wrong about that? This is more a satire for a certain Emperor than the greater god.
Now that I think about it, why aren’t you mocking him instead of Omni? He’s brought more people to the Omniverse than Omni himself ever has. Let me guess, you don’t fear Omni because you know he’s benevolent enough to not strike down someone over a Youtube video but wouldn’t dare speak up against the benevolent dictator. Picking on easy targets much?
Though, all snark aside, I don’t care. Make your silly videos. It’s the Dataverse after all; it is known to be an untamed beast. I just hope you see the light one-day. Or if not, at least be more tolerant of those who have.
[Image: MUsY55C.jpg][float=right][Image: sN7AejK.jpg][/float]


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)