Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Thread of bad customers.
#1
pretty much what its says. I work at a second-hand retro gaming store. somewhat nice environment yet min. wage and not quite the 40+ hours I need to live "comfortably" on my hourly wage... but I manage.

I'll use this thread to vent my frustrations about certain customers cause.. i don't want to yell at my cat anymore. Feel free to respond with your own experiences or comment on those you may see here.

Calls over the phone: One of my jobs at the store is to answer the phone when it rings and answer customer questions as best as I can. I always answer the phone in a unnatural happy voice saying "Hello, this is {insert-company name here}".

+ 1: the one that always follow my greeting with constant "Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? etc." I always take these as prank calls and hang up on them. My time is best spent on physical customers trying to get my attention than those who cannot get to their point of calling

+. 2: the ones who ask after my usual greeting with "Is this {insert company name here}?". yes poor customer.. it is indeed.

+3: customer who asks to see if we have Pokemon for the PlayStation vita or anything else on that level of ridiculousness. Enough said.

+4 Customers who yell in my face how pitiful im doing my job when i tell them I cannot take their collection of 300 unsellable shit dvds. Takes all i have not to beat their faces in.

+5 Customers who cannot understand why I would offer them 2-5 bucks for an obscure game then turn around and sell it on the shelf for 10.

+6 Handicap parking; I work at two of these shops. One of these is in my hometown, the other in another city about an hour from where I work. The one in my home town has two handicap parking spots directly outside the shop. With glass walls and doors, I can see if a customer is parking there rightly or not. It angers me that i have to serve the ones who park like they are driving illegally in handicap parking spots when they themselves are not handicapped. Then they wonder why they aren't getting as much credit for the stuff they bring in. hehe its justice dear customer.. and karma.. definitely not my ability to change certain prices.


I will add more of these as I experience them.

they say no question is a stupid question. That person obviously has not worked in retail or any other customer service job. (assumption)
"I've been here before, used to this kind of war. Crossfire grind through the sand. The orders were easy: 'It's kill or be killed'. Blood on both sides will be spilled."
[Image: DeathMountain.png][Image: blades.png][Image: Darkdata.png]
#2
Hello again, here is a new one that I have just experienced in the last ten minutes

+7: "Do you sell video games". Now i barely understand this one. Scratch that. I understand it if someone doesn't come into the store and ask this question over the phone. What dumbfounds me is that someone just asked me this after passing through this:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/h...2617_o.jpg

To get to the counter in which i am standing, one must physically pass the super nintendo, playstation 2, and xbox 360 section. These arn't oldies, these arn't little kids, but they are grown adults. I mean, look at it and see for yourself. Does {insert company name here} sell video games you ask? :iiam:

+8 said customer followed up with another question: "Do you buy games? you know, to trade them for other games?". Nooooooooo Idea we totally do not sell video games here. Don't even look at the giant logo on the wall telling you, the customer, what we do with video games. If you can't see it in the picture above here it is:
http://ccmar.halfoffdeals.com/images/car...115150.png
'nough said :troll:
"I've been here before, used to this kind of war. Crossfire grind through the sand. The orders were easy: 'It's kill or be killed'. Blood on both sides will be spilled."
[Image: DeathMountain.png][Image: blades.png][Image: Darkdata.png]
#3
No disrespect, but I reeeaaaaally think it's a bad idea to name your company, especially in anti-customer rants. I feel you; I did retail for a loooooong time to get through school and shitty times and I get that a shockingly huge proportion of customers are incredibly, hilariously poor examples of human beings, but typically stores/etc are incredibly sensitive to this sort of thing.

Anyway, that's the last you'll hear from me about it. You do what you want, I've just seen a lot of people get burned.
[Image: Magus.jpg]
#4
Hmm ok. thank you for telling meh.

(le edited out.)
"I've been here before, used to this kind of war. Crossfire grind through the sand. The orders were easy: 'It's kill or be killed'. Blood on both sides will be spilled."
[Image: DeathMountain.png][Image: blades.png][Image: Darkdata.png]
#5
Miranda Frost Wrote:they say no question is a stupid question. That person obviously has not worked in retail or any other customer service job. (assumption)

Speaking as someone who has some experience in retail and customer service jobs, I would dare say that that saying still applies. Sure, questions with blindingly obvious answers can be annoying and tedious to deal with, but it still makes your job easier if you get to educate them and/or lead them through the process beforehand than if they're too afraid to ask questions and just make assumptions...and as you probably know, assumptions make an ass out of you and me.
[Image: LsiSHXa.png]
"To confront a person with his shadow is to show him his own light. "
- Carl Gustav Jung

Ezrihel Wrote:I'm so glad DL linked it
#6
I've had people walk into a coffee shop I worked at and ask me if we sell coffee.

This was at fucking Starbucks Coffee.
[Image: proto.jpg][Image: DAHost.png]
Dante's Abyss 2015
Host
#7
I worked at a deli once and people always asked if we carried cheese -_-
[float=right]

Dante's Abyss Placings
2015 - 4th
2016 - 2nd
2017 - 4th


PVP Combat Record
(One-on-One)
3W - 0L - 0D
(TAG-TEAM)
1W - 1L - 0D
[/float]
[Image: Deadpool_Funny.png]
#8
I hate customers like that... At my old job, we changed the menus a couple years ago. Now all the burgers have cheese on them. "Hamburgers" are no longer on the menu, but you can ask for "no cheese" w/o changing the price.

They still people that say "Do you sell hamburgers with no cheese? How much are they? Why aren't they on the menu? Why do I have to pay for the cheese if I don't want it?"

"Yes, we sell hamburgers. They're the same price as the cheeseburgers. We now sell all of our burgers with cheese. Corporate; why do you have to pay for the salt on the fries if you don't want it?"

>.>
[Image: dante_10.jpg]
#9
Miranda Frost Wrote:Hmm ok. thank you for telling meh.

(le edited out.)
Yo. You still have the name in the pictures. Blur it out, maybe? Or just not use the pictures?
Juss' sayin' because it might be a bad idea to keep around because Magus said so. (I have no experience with this stuff, so I just know it as "It's bad because it's bad").
[Image: KBSao70.jpg]
#10
It will be fine as it is. This is merely for my own protection from the boss. Like he said they can be edited out. I am away that the name is still in the picture url, but not simply by itself. People at work would have to dig to find it, if they were actually looking for it. I've tried to look for it myself without going through omniverse first. I'm safe as is.
"I've been here before, used to this kind of war. Crossfire grind through the sand. The orders were easy: 'It's kill or be killed'. Blood on both sides will be spilled."
[Image: DeathMountain.png][Image: blades.png][Image: Darkdata.png]
#11
I worked at a bookstore for a bit. One day this guy comes in.


"Do you sell books?"

After after looking around the store. "YeessssSSssss?"

Awkward silence. Me: "Is there one I can help you find?"

Him" Yes"

Me "What is it called?"

Him "I forgot."

Me: "Ok, who is it by?"

Him "I don't know. My friend said I should read it."

Me "Ok.... well.... do you know what the cover looks like? Someone here might know that."

Him "It's black."

Safe to say we didn't find it. I also got yelled at for not knowing my books enough.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole.

[Image: yep.gif]
Quote:PvP FLAG: GREEN
I won't mind if you attack my character or base with little to no warning!


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)